Sunday, December 9, 2012

HARRY POTTER.




I don’t know about you but there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t wish I were at Hogwarts.  I love Harry Potter and whomever I end up spending the rest of my life with better love him and his world as much as I do.  Sadly I have not read the books.  I read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in the third grade because the movie was coming out and my teacher wanted to read the book before she saw it so we read it as a class!  Funny thing is I went to a private Catholic school.  No one’s parents cared except for one girl’s whose parents thought it was ATROSCIOUS that we were learning about witchcraft and what not in a Catholic school.  So they took her out of the school…  Awkward!
            Anyway, I don’t know when my love for Harry began but I couldn’t be happier that it did.  Except for when I have so much work to do and there is a Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family.  And the WORST is now it has become a Harry Potter WEEK.  AN ENTIRE WEEK.  I wanted to cry I had so much work and all I could do was watch these movies that I’ve seen too many times.
I find it unbelievable how J.K. Rowling created this entire world and how many people fell in love with it.  She made reading “cool” again for kids because everyone was obsessed with Harry Potter.  And for good reasons I mean I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want to go to Hogwarts.  It’s understandable that people wouldn’t want to be there while all this madness between Harry and Voldemort is going on but still at least you’d have some excitement in your life.  
I could honestly talk about all the characters and go crazy but this post would be never ending so I’ll talk about a few. 
Neville Longbottom.  First of all, he got really hot at the end of everything.  Second, he’s just so sweet and honest and is one of those people who flies below the radar but does great things which is a characteristic I love in people. 
What a man.

Dumbledore.  The first Dumbledore was the cutest old man besides Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World I have ever seen.  The second Dumbledore was definitely better as time went on and the storyline became darker.  Either way I have such a love hate relationship with this man because he was so good to Harry but at the same time he was just using him.  Did he know Harry would be okay?  Did he try to make sure he would be?  There are just so many questions…

Dobby.  If you don’t love dobby you don’t have a soul.  Sorry not sorry.
Dobby: A Free Elf

I really don’t wanna go on forever about characters.  I mean I could seriously talk about Harry Potter all day there are just so many things to discuss!  I’ve been to four midnight premiers and I have such amazing memories of all of them.  But in the end, I cried at the last midnight premier because something that I grew up with, something that stretched my imagination, and something that I have had reoccurring dreams about was now over.  Plus there were really annoying people sitting next to me who kept talking.  WHO talks at a midnight premier of THE LAST Harry Potter!?  Sick, twisted people that’s who.
I love Harry Potter and I don’t care who knows it and what they think of me because in my opinion, if you’ve never run around screaming “STUPIFY” with your friends/family you haven’t really lived a good life.

Happy Christmas by the way!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post, as I am one of the biggest Harry Potter fans out there. I especially like what you wrote about Dobby...classic.

    ReplyDelete